Districts  |  Links  |   Records  |  Leeds Indexers

Updated: 22 November, 2001

 

Weeton

| Churches | History | Index | Neighbouring Areas | Origin | Trade Directories

Disclaimer | Copyright © 2001 Leeds Indexers

Origins

3 to 4 miles N.W. of Harewood.

History

 

Neighbouring Areas

Hewby, Newby, Wescho Hill

Trade Directories

WHITES 1853 Leeds Directory states:

WEETON township has about 300 inhabitants, and 1250 acres, and the neighbouring hamlets of Weeton, Hewby, Newby, and Wescho Hill, from 3 to 4 miles N.W. of Harewood. Here is Almias Cliff a sin
gular group of rocks on a lofty eminence, near the remains is a rocking stone. Weeton Church wat built in 1851-2,by the Earl of Harewood, the patron of the perpetual curacy, valued at £100 Here is a Station on the Leeds Northern Railway.
Barber Hannah, shopkeeper; Denison Abm. shoemkr. & Rt. carrier
Nicholson Thomas, schoolmaster, Palmes Rev James, incumbent
FARMERS:- Moore John, Isitt Thomas, Reed T. butcher, Mallorio John Taylor John

Churches / Places of Worship

Church

Religion

 

Consecrated

 

Connected Churches

 

Status

 

Architect & Building

 

Records:

 

Notes:

Bibliography

 

Index